An exciting development of 2 bespoke new homes in a rural setting and with views to Bute and the firth of Clyde.
The development at The Meider is formed by a total site area of about 0.686 acres. Numbers 2 & 3 will occupy about 50% of the site respectively.
Prospective buyers completing an early reservation will be provided with the opportunity of engaging early with the developer/contractor and will have the opportunity to influence design, style and final finish specification.
There are 2 new homes in the scheme, which will be built by respected local building contractors McNee Building Services Ltd.
The development at The Meider is located in a pretty rural location close to the ribbon settlement of Toward on the Cowal peninsula.
The intended new homes will be set just off the A815 which is the main road which connects Toward and Dunoon. The properties will be accessed from a private road serving a total of only 5 new homes which will form The Meider.
The two new homes are planned to be well spaced and set within level grounds with a southerly exposure to the Firth of Clyde, the island of Bute and away south to the high tops of the island of Arran.
Toward Lighthouse is the prominent and well-known local landmark of the district and is a short walk due South.
The bustling west coast town of Dunoon is about 6.8 miles to the north. Dunoon is the main town of the Cowal Peninsula and has a complete range of shopping, leisure and professional services. The town has a good range of welcoming pubs and restaurants, a theatre, cinema, swimming pool and leisure centre.
The area is well served by reputable primary and secondary schooling including Toward, St Muns and Strone Primary Schools and Dunoon Grammar School.
At Dunoon there are both the Caledonian MacBrayne and Western Ferries terminals from where there are frequent passenger and vehicular sailings across to Gourock. From here, the road and public transport links make it possible to commute on a daily basis to Glasgow and the central belt. Holiday makers to Cowal experience the feeling of apparent mainland detachment created by the pleasant short ferry crossing.
It is also possible to drive to Glasgow via Loch Lomond which takes a little longer but is via some of the most famous and breathtaking countryside in western Scotland.
Dunoon is the gateway to the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park and it has some of the most dramatic and picturesque scenery in the west of Scotland.
As with most parts of Scotland one is never too far from a golf course and Dunoon is no exception the district having three challenging courses.
The expanding Holy Loch Marina is nearby with its berthing and associated chandlery services, an excellent base from which to sail and explore the world-famous lower Clyde and Kyles of Bute inland sea lochs and waterways.
Sea fishing is available on the Firth of Clyde and it is possible to fish for salmon and sea trout by permit on some of the rivers and lochs of the district.
Some of the local estates can, by arrangement, offer rough and commercial shooting as well as opportunities to stalk for roe, sika and red deer.
The area is renowned for its spectacular scenery and wildlife, there are near endless walks, hill climbs and quiet country roads offering wonderful rambling and cycling country.
Specification & Finish
The following provides an indication of intended specification and finish; however, an early reservation and security deposit will provide new owners the opportunity of influencing specification and finish to their own personal taste and style. Any specific changes outwith the standard specification budget will be met by the purchaser.
Kitchen and Bathrooms
• Choice of kitchen styles and worksurfaces
• Appliances including integrated dishwasher,
integrated fridge / freezer, hob, oven and
• Choice of sanitary ware to bathroom,
shower room and en-suite.
• Allowance for wall tiles or wet wall finish to
kitchen / bathrooms
• Modern low voltage downlighting.
• Brushed chrome finishes to all switches,
• Intruder alarm system.
• B.T. Fibre Broadband.
• High efficiency silent extract fans to all wet
• High efficiency Natural Gas combi-boiler with underfloor heating on ground floor and
radiators / towel heaters upstairs.
• Oak hardwood veneered doors
throughout with option of glazed doors to
• Sliding doors to wardrobes.
• Staircase with softwood treads for carpet
finish and balustrade formed with glass or oak hardwood spindles and handrail.
• Coving to ground floor rooms with cornice to
lounge and dining rooms
• Internal paint finish to all joinery throughout.
Windows / Doors
• High performance UPVC framed white windows or upgrade to Nordan Alu clad windows.
• Composite external doors with high
• Velux roof windows with white finish inside.
• K-rend off white render.
• Slated roofs
• Heritage riven York stone slab pathways
• Gravel driveway with kerb edging.
• Mains water supply, drainage is by new
communal wastewater, septic tank,
The new properties will benefit from guarantee by the provision of NHBC.
Our selling policy is based on offers over the guide price. Once your offer has been submitted and accepted in principle, we will request that you pay your reservation fee of £500.
Your reservation fee reserves your new home for 28 days at the end of which we expect you to conclude missives and pay a deposit of 2% of the agreed purchase price. The reservation fee and deposit are then deducted from the agreed purchase price of your home.
Should you withdraw from the purchase, the reservation fee is non-returnable, and a proportion of the deposit will be used to cover any legal fees and outlays incurred by our clients on your behalf with any balance being returned.
Deed of Conditions
Buyers of the properties will be required to sign up to and adopt a development Deed of Conditions. The Deed of Conditions is a set of rules drawn up by the developer which regulates the rights and obligations of the homeowners on the development, it is intended to provide the owner of each property with rights of access, rights for services and utilities and rights to enjoy the open spaces, it also covers how any common maintenance costs will be divided between the homeowners on the development.
The information including the site layout, floor plans and 3D CGI renderings shown on this brochure and on our website are intended for illustration purposes only and may change, for example, in response to market demand or ground conditions. Consequently, it should be treated as general guidance and cannot be relied upon as accurately describing any of the Specified Matters prescribed by any order ¬made under Property Misdescription Act 1991. Nor do the contents in any way constitute a contract, part of a contract or a warranty.
Mains water supply, mains gas central heating, septic tank.
Note: The services have not been checked by the selling agents.
The properties have yet to be assessed for council tax.
Strictly by appointment with Robb Residential, telephone 0141 225 3880.
Vacant possession will be given on completion.
From the Western Ferries terminal at Hunters Quay turn left on the A815 and proceed in a southerly direction through Kirn and Dunoon. Continue for 8.5 miles to reach Toward to find The Meider on the left hand side.
Offers are to be submitted in Scottish legal terms to the selling agents Robb Residential, 150 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, G2 5NE. A closing date for offers may be fixed and prospective purchasers are advised to register their interest with the selling agents in order to be kept fully informed of any closing date.
Any offer by a purchaser(s) who is resident out with the United Kingdom must be accompanied by a guarantee from a bank that is acceptable to the seller.
Special Conditions of Sale
1. The purchaser shall within 5 days of conclusion of missives make payment as a guarantee for due performance of a sum equal to 10 per cent of the purchase price on which sum no interest will be allowed. Timeous payment of the said sum shall be a material condition of the contract. In the event that such payment is not made timeously the seller reserves the right to resile without further notice. The balance of purchase price will be paid by Bankers Draft at the date of entry and interest at five per cent above The Royal Bank of Scotland base rate current from time to time will be charged there on from the term of entry until payment. Consignation shall not avoid payment of the foregoing rate of interest. In the event of the purchase of any Lot(s) failing to make payment of the balance of the said price at the date of entry, payment of the balance of the purchase price on the due date being the essence of the contract, the seller shall be entitled to resile from the contract. The seller in that event reserves the right to resell or deal otherwise with the subjects of sale as he thinks fit. Furthermore he shall be entitled to retain in his hands the initial payment of ten per cent herein before referred to which shall be set off to account of any loss occasioned to him by the purchasers' failure and in the event of the loss being less than the amount of the said deposit the seller shall account to the purchasers for any balance thereof remaining in his hands.
2. The subjects will be sold subject to all rights of way, rights of access, wayleave, servitude, water rights, drainage and sewage rights, restrictions and burdens of whatever kind at present existing and whether contained in the Title Deeds or otherwise and whether formally constituted or not affecting the subjects of sale.
3. The seller shall be responsible for any rates, taxes and other burdens for the possession and for collection of income prior to the said date of entry. Where necessary, all rates, taxes and other burdens and income will be apportioned between the seller and the purchasers as at the said date of entry.
4. The minerals will be included in the sale of the property only insofar as the seller has rights thereto.
If you require this publication in an alternative format, please contact this office on 0141 225 3880.
Robb Residential for themselves and for the Vendors of this property, whose agents they are, give notice that:
1. The particulars are intended to give a fair and substantially correct overall description for the guidance of intending purchasers and do not constitute part of an offer or contract. Prospective purchaser(s) and lessees ought to seek their own professional advice.
2. All descriptions, dimensions, areas, reference to condition and if necessary permissions for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct. Any intending purchaser(s) should not rely on them as statements or representations of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each of them.
3. No person in the employment of Robb Residential has any authority to make or give any representation to warranty, whether in relation to this property or these particulars, nor to enter into any contract relating to the property on behalf of the Vendor.
4. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser(s) in inspecting properties that have been sold, let or withdrawn.
Measurements and other information
All measurements are approximate.
While we endeavour to make our sale particulars accurate and reliable, if there is any point, which is of particular importance to you, please contact Robb Residential and we will be pleased to check the information for you, particularly if contemplating travelling some distance to view the property.